Princess Jamie's Kitchen
in the Palace ~ October
Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions.
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
Crumble wedding cookies in the bag it comes in, I use a rolling pin for a fine crumble. You can add a little confectioner sugar to the cookies. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.
When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently. Add spoonfuls of cool whip.
Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!
Halloween Black Cat Cupcakes
1 packet chocolate cake mix
24 pieces cookies
1 cup milk chocolate frosting
black string licorice
1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare 24 muffin cups with cooking spray and flour, set aside.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, stirring in cookie crumbs.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from pans then cool on a wire rack.
6. Make cat faces on each of the remaining 24 cookies by:
7. Let set for at least 1/2 an hour.
8. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting.
9. Place on top of each cupcake a cat face.
10. Place 3" piece of licorice stick in back half of each cupcake for the cats tail.
These recipes are listed at www. recipes menus .com
Return to Kitchen
IF you have some recipes you would like to share from your web pages please sign our guestbook and share your recipes with us.
These Recipes were featured in the October
GO to the Cat's Room